REDUCE OR ELIMINATE ITEMS THAT WILL BECOME WASTE. SOURCE REDUCTION.
Rationale to stop using certain products.
- Just because something can be recycled does not mean we should use it. Let’s keep things out of the waste stream AND the recycling stream.
- Avoid altogether the toxic processes of creating plastic bags and Styrofoam and the costs in recycling it.
- Cut back on everything. Reduce your material possessions—period!
Just say NO to Plastic Bags. Just say NO! Ban plastic bags from your home!
- Take re-usable cloth bags for all shopping: grocery stores, pharmacies, retail stores, restaurants, famers Markets.
- Take mesh bags for perishables.
Just say NO to paper bags.
- Take your own reusable cloth bags.
Just say NO to Styrofoam: Just say NO! Ban Styrofoam from your home!
- Refuse Styrofoam and other food containers at restaurants.
- Take your own glass containers or reusable plastic containers (large yogurt containers with lid) Containers for leftover food at restaurant meals.